News:

January 2024
The ABDA has relaunched this forum with upgraded software, appearance and features. All the old content remains. Users should log in and update their membership profile.
Only financial members of the ABDA can register to be part of this forum. Non-members can browse the open sections of the forum and post questions to "Ask a Director" and "Online Directing" without registration.

Main Menu

what system do your teammates play?

Started by xpoes, 22 July, 2012, 08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpoes

At some congress someone asked us: 'what system do your teammates play'?
It's an interesting question, after all it can give you an idea of what might happen at the other table with a certain type of hand..
But, do you have to answer this question (by law)?

Ed Reppert

Refusing to answer might be considered a violation of
QuoteLaw 74A2: A player should carefully avoid any remark or action that might cause annoyance or embarrassment to another player or might interfere with the enjoyment of the game.
Other than that, no.

bluejak

I have no real answer myself.  But there have been many discussions in various other forums, some quite heated, without coming to a consensus.  In matches I play everyone would answer the question if they knew the answer, but whether you have to has not been satisfactorily answered.  I wonder if Matthew would like to give us his opinion?